CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Poetry fest

I'LL HAVE THIS DANCE
My heart beats a tune with yours
A song whose words I never learnt
Bubbles, spills all around us
The whisper of your fingertips
Like the tentative first notes
Of a song in a mystery language
My skin leaps to meet your hands
Like the melody of string instruments
We flow, we writhe together
In this corporeal dance
Strum me, your guitar
Beat me, your drum
Blare me, your trumpet
Let this dance begin

DRESSED TO KILL
In
Your minuscule
Outfit
And
My minuscule
Heartbeat
At
Your Luminous
Beauty
I
Keel Over
Slowly

THE END (it ended, he wrote half of this, I wrote the other half)
Looking back
Words never said
Silence broken only
By the sound of hearts breaking
Driving off in a cloud of dust
I face the end before the beginning
Listless days
Tears almost shed
Music that teases and tortures
Memory, a throbbing tooth
I will no longer have you

12 more steps:

bumight said...

i like ur half of the poem

wairraminute, are u male or female?

Steve Morozumi said...

beautiful poem! very lyrical and flowing, yet with a lot of energy. very nice! it's definitely drawing me to want to read it over again.

awesome poem!

have an awesome weekend!

-Steve @ fluxlife

Kafo said...

i love dressed to kill

hot

i'm snapping

Ms Sula said...

Just beautiful.

The words actually look like an instrument so reinforced the feeling of love as music.

Loved it!

Enigma said...

Deep - deep - infinitely deep - great stuff girl!

tolla said...

WAOH NICE PEOM

The Activist said...

Who is he? lovely peom my-lady.
Whatever happened to the reply to my text?

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

i always love your poetry
girl you sure have talent

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

nice poem. "throbbing tooth", I liked that one.

Hope all is well.

Robyn.K.Y said...

i should claim these socks,,,right?

Robyn.K.Y said...

for minutes you had me leaning towards my laptop.this is good.How are you?

poeticallytinted said...

@bumight: how do you know which one is my half of the poem, are you clairvoyant? lol. newayz (in a ghostly voice)I am what I am... I am having fun messing with you right now...

@Steve: Hey thanks. Glad you liked.
@Kafo: lol. You know when you are in the mood for a 'freakum' dress nothing can stop you!
@ MS Sula: thanks babes for dropping by. Poetry is life, life is expressed through music there is and will always be a profound connection between the two.
@ Enigma: thanks bro
@ Tolla: it's your first time yeah? Welcome and thanks for stopping by. will drop by at yours shortly
@Standtall: i will call you oh. no worries. didn't have a weekend was at an office retreat. Who is he? THAT'S like a HUGE secret! but it was aeons ago though
@MDM: I am printing out your comment and i am so framing it and putting it up on my wall! lol. THANKS
@Solomonsydelle: That's the best phrase in the whole poem for me too. you've got discerning eyes.
@Robyn: The baton is now yours, oya, over to you. Glad you liked. High praise, from one talented as you!

 
Subscribe with Bloglines