CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

All I Remember (in December)

Christmas/December for me has not been happy for a while, it's either I am breaking up with someone or I am remembering a particularly heart breaking break-up! Why do breakups tend to happen when everyone else is "shinning their teeth"? Newayz, I've done a poem in honor of December break-ups. This poem is better read out loud. The impact of the words will be better felt. Also notice it's in small caps all through, that's to highlight the feeling of "can't be bothered" that overwhelms you after such a loss. Yeah, your bona-fide wet blanket is back y'all. Enjoy

********************************************************************

ALL I REMEMBER

senseless, insolent
words in malevolence
your slight at my plight
torturing – crushing me
I have no recollection
of sensation nor specifics
all I remember that December
is the music ceasing
and the light leaving the night
as you turned your back
your stunning blue dress
running from me
as the nights become longer
and my pain grows stronger

23 more steps:

The Activist said...

I do hope dearie that this December gives you all the best thing in the world. No heart break nor pain but joy in your heart my strong LADY!

Rita said...

Come to think of it, before I gave my life to Christ, that was how my December was. From 23rd Dec, I was expecting some heartbreak. And I got what I expected. Thank God it is all over.

I pray all your Decembers will be filled with joy and laughter. Take care.

Enigma said...

Hmmmm....hmmm....hmmmm....this is indeed a palpable composition. I feel the weight of your words on my soul, I hope you do not feel such pain ever again...but then again, this is life, and life by definition sucks...strong words - heartfelt expression.

poeticallytinted said...

@Standtall: Thanks dearie. but it's not looking that way at all :(
@Rita: AMEN!
@Enigma: Thanks dear. Don't want my life to suck oh. i am constantly in pursuit of happiness but happiness only sprints faster and faster like Usain Bolt!

princesa said...

I hope this Xmas didn’t bring with it any break-ups o!
How u been dear? E don tey sha.

The Activist said...

No it will. Relax my dear

Steve Morozumi said...

wow. your poem left me breathless!
i can barely speak.

-steve @ fluxlife

Enigma said...

Life sucks, yes - that does not mean your's HAS to. Things are rarely ever as bad as we imagine them to be. Sometimes, we need drastic surgery to overcome some pain, the recovery may be tough - but in the long run we are better off.
There will always be ups and downs, but you can and will be happy. Sit it out (or dance if you feel inclined), you shall prevail.

Robyn.K.Y said...

And i thought i was the poet,,,i just love the depth of your words,,I love the poem..too much for december though.

Woomie O! said...

Awwww! do get rid of these memories! Awesome things happen in December...there's Rhythm Unplugged, Crack Ya Ribs!, The Experience and a whole lot more. Forget the blue dress!!!!

I don update o! Spread the word.

MissBalance said...

Really deep. Maybe you want to try giving these (unhappy) thoughts less priority in your mind. Whether it's December or June, just EXPECT and think positively. Leave you with a paraphrased quote from a mentor:

Sow a thought, you reap a habit
Sow a habit, you reap a character
Sow a character, you reap a LIFE.

One love.

MissBalance said...

The actual quote goes:
“Sow a thought, reap an act,
sow an act, reap a habit,
sow a habit, reap a lifestyle,
sow a lifestyle, reap a destiny.”

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

heartfelt poem
Hope that this December for you is the start of more positive 'Decembers to follow'
Be blessed

Mr. Writer said...

man i had to read that several times. 10 claps of praise to you.

Afronuts said...

Look on the brighter side hun.
Just believe that it could have been worse...and maybe you broke up for the better.

where theres life, theres still hope for a new love

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
archiwiz said...

Echoing Standtall's comment. I pray more Decembers shining brightly with blessings come to you, and even brighter January's and so on.

kay-shawn said...

When I was younger December would refuse to go until I became very ill and recovered. But that was then. Now I look forward to December and Christmas and all that come with it. Wishing you a merry Christmas, dear.I hope this December will be the best you celebrate and may good things start to happen to you from now and always.

Robyn.K.Y said...

cmon give me something for xsmas,,lol

LG said...

Hellooooooooooo' anybodi home?????
i ve got sum hampers 4 u :)
*merry christmas dear

doug said...

Merry Christmas in advance!!! And in spite of your despair, may the season bring all things good your way!!!

badderchic said...

hmmm, be happy babe, it really is a time for blessings so these heart breaking break ups are really a blessing me thinks

Turumarth said...

Pfah! What do they know? December sucks, Fangface, just like the other eleven before it. And you know the best bit? They come right after it too...

Just give up: go ahead and wallow...

 
Subscribe with Bloglines