CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Is it true?

Okay peeps, I promised to put you out of your misery. So here's the truth at last.

Last week I was tagged to write three statements about myself, 2 had to be lies and 1 true:
these were the statements:

1. I tried to kill myself sometime in the past
2. I've got natural kinky african hair, no perms, no waves, no weaves
3. I used to think I was a lesbian

Standy, Earl, Temite, Afro, Miss Sula, Ty and Woomie all thought 1 was the lie. For some reason most people didn't think I would have ever resorted to wanting to kill myself... hmmm

MDM, NDQ, Kafo and Oluwadee, didn't think my hair would be natural, I wonder why...

Stanis was torn between 1 and 3 and FFF was definite 3 was true

Bumight, Fineboy Agbero's old flame was quite certain 3 was the lie...

Okay here's the truth...

1. is true: I tried to kill myself once in the past. Fed myself a small handful of my cousin's prescripton sleeping pills hoping to slip away in my sleep. The point to this exercise was to end what I considered then unbearable pain. This was some years ago, I have come a looong way since then. I probably really didn't want to die because it was a bit comical, i took so much time between pills that I slept off before i got to a dose that could've killed me... lol. No, I don't think I am suicidal.

2 is true: I wear my hair in dreadlocks or "dreadful locks" whichever it is to you. No perms, no waves, no weaves, no chemicals...

3 is a LIE: I have NEVER been unsure of my sexual orientation or which way it was I swung. For some reason, right from when I was seven I knew I liked boys (for the voyeurs reading this, I didn't experiment with them till i was a decent age)... Never thought of a girl in a sexual way, never felt like squeezing a girls boobs, never kissed a girl and liked the taste of her cherry chapstick... ok I am quite sure you get it now.

So that's all folks! Will put up a proper update soon. And will do blogrounds later today.

15 more steps:

Flourishing Florida said...

oh wow. i don't know y i tot 3 was true. maybe cos i felt 1 couldn't be. killing ourselves isn't something i think nigerians do too well. esp young nigerians. we flirt wit it, but never close enough.

Flourishing Florida said...

& am first? wow.

The Activist said...

I was wrong! No need justfying myself. I was darn wrong!

Robyn.K.Y said...

eeehhh "Moment of truth"

Enigma said...

ROFLMBBAO!!! Mademoiselle, why did you have to put us out of our misery sooooooo soon...was exploring extraterrestrial means of unraveling this Hitchcock-ese mystery...anyway, therein lay the issue with that approach - the exploration would surely have been futile...

bumight said...

so was i the only one to get it right? I DESERVE A GIFT DAMMIT! I KNOW YOU BLOGGERS, LOL!

Rebirth said...

oh missed the post but i would ve guessed 3 as the lie.... lol...
u know i also tried to kill myself once and looking back, its so hilarious

Kafo said...

hmmmmmmmm
i think this the 8th one ive participated in and i still can't figure out which one is a lie


so sad

have a blessed day

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Damn Im gutted first time i have been wrong about this game, mmmmm guess im not as bright as i thought I was lol

Anonymous said...

You know what is funny. I think I HAVE BEEN WRONG on everyone's blog. So from now on, I refuse to play this game. And on earth are you talking about my Husband on your blog? I be like say you sef want am...No try am o otherwise....
Oh sorry dear. You try to off yourself, I hope this never happens again and I really do hope that you've healed. Remember that Everything good will come.

poeticallytinted said...

@ FFF: I guess I don't flirt then, I am all b'ness!

@ Standy: lol. But i 'ppreciate the thinking behind your answer though.

@ Robyn: ehen?

@ Enigma: answer, you did not answer oh.Just dey laugh people

@ Bummie: Babes, YOU DON WIN! One million e-naira for you!

@ Funms: yeah, right! and maybe we should write a book about botched 'not-really-suicide' attempts.

@ Kafo: Don't be too hard on yourself now.

@Temite temite: I am good babe. That was just a dark period of my life. I am, well, quite balanced these days. lol.

No vex oh. But you no say I get am today no mean say I go get am tommorrow especially wen the matter enter man matter. You suppose know na ;)

O'Dee said...

So I was wrong.

The Activist said...

You are welcome

Buttercup said...

interesting..lol @ u sleeping off before the dose hit u..thank God for that!

i've always been fascinated by 'natural-hair-wearers'

mingus said...

well! what can i say? cool!

 
Subscribe with Bloglines