CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Losing Myself

I seem to be lost in a world of your own
Taking a walk on your waters of ice
My fingers disappear in the hair on your chest
Buried deep, promptly sucked in
I shudder to think what would be left of me
Drinking in the liquid flames which drip from your sword
I am speechless, unable to say the words in my head
Same head I seem to have lost to you
That's why I can't walk straight
Back when I still had ears
I heard people needed them for balance
I have lost my mind, my will to you
Rubbery legs fly me to you
I have no control of them
Maybe they are not mine
For when I scream at them angrily, “Take me back! Take me back!”
They race towards you in reckless disobedience
Don’t they know you burn all you touch to cinders?
It’s all over, up in smoke
The loud thud-thud of my heart have just ceased

8 more steps:

The Activist said...

Ah kinda feel that one more step should not be taking. Cos losing oneslef doesn't always end well

T.Williams-A said...

Sistah man, get a grip! You're "gawn".

Don't we all wish we feel this way all the time? But like standtall said, feelings like these make you vulnerable... and vulnerability makes you weak. Sometimes, it doesn't end well.

But you know what they say, "better to have loved and lost than not at all"....

kay-shawn said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I really appreciate such thoughtfull comments being left on my blog. See you around.

ODELEYE SAMUEL IDOWU said...

i always prefer that you don't involve all your heart when u are in a relationship, reserve enough of ur emotions. be urself, take total control and u will go through unhurt. always play safe. this is very emotional.

poeticallytinted said...

@standtall - once again you come through for me. How are the katz. I still want one i should send you that email.lol. and yeah, not one more...

@twayne: lol, I'd rather not love than love like this. It's like a disease

@kay shawn: thank again for stopping by too.

@Samuel: Hullo. Keep reading. You'll love it here. These kind of relationships where people live lies definitely end up biting them in the bum.

The Activist said...

Mi-lady, u changed the name u post as. Email at tadonline@gmail.com. I will try and send u the pictures of the kittens so u can pick the one u want.

tami said...

wow....i should read more of this

poeticallytinted said...

Thanks for dropping by Tami. keep reading.

 
Subscribe with Bloglines