CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Honest Scrap Award






The award above was given to me by Stanis. He says, “This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.” This one sentence takes my breath away. Incidentally, this award comes with a meme which is going to take some doing. Here are the rules below:



REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTING THIS AWARD


“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”


10 honest things about me


1. I have passed up on sleep so many times because I was reading a book I just couldn't put down. The choice between what happens next and bags under my eyes the next day is always an easy one for me. So I try not to pick up an interesting book anytime after 3.00pm. My favourite thing is to curl up with a good book, a bottle of wine and a big bowl of fried chicken. However, i don't enjoy having to work off the love handles.


2. I. CAN. COOK! I know recipes from all over the world. But my best dish is still my onugbo (bitterleaf) soup, thickened with cocoyam paste with local seasoning for taste. For some reason most people who know me don't believe this.


3. I used to hide behind my father's special sofa to steal beer from his special mug while he watched NTA news when I was a little girl. Maybe that's why I can drink two-thirds of a bottle of henessey and still drive myself home. (don't get all puritan on me now, I don't do this often).


4. I started blogging cos I was bored. It was supposed to be therapeutic at the time. Now it's a way to connect with some really wonderful people and I love it.
5. I have three brothers. I love them something fierce.
6. I love soccer, Man Utd to be precise (this weekend was bad). I've been a fan of the red devils since 1988. My earliest recollection of watching a football match was the finals at Mexico 86. I also love formula one. Yeah, something about daredevil people driving at breakneck speed round and round dangerous bends fascinates me. Actually, my fascination is that these crazy people are actually able to make intelligent decisions at that speed.
7. When I am really hurt or angry I am dead quiet. I don't yell. It can be mistaken for passivity but that's not what it is, it is actually a coldness that lodges itself somewhere deep in my heart. It may take years to thaw out. It rarely shows it's ugly head though.

8. I love witty guys. I like a guy who has the yarns to transform what would have been an ordinary conversation into a magical moment. That gets me anyday. When I engage a guy in a conversation I usually begin by tentatively testing the depths of his mind and imagination, if I draw a blank more than twice, I politely excuse myself and walk, that's why I don't do blind dates, because then I'll be forced to sit through dinner or whatever.

9. I wrote my first drama script at 7 (don't even ask about the plot, lol), my first poem at 8. I have written over 200 poems till date. I hope to publish someday (insert goofy smile).

10. Sometimes I erroneously believe I can solve all the world's problems, wipe away the sense of pain and doom on a lot of strange faces. It breaks my heart repeatedly when I am reminded that there is only so much I can do. But I won't stop trying.

The following bloggers blow my mind. They are brilliant:

1. Standy
2. Robyn
3. Danny Bagucci
4. MDM
5. Temite
6. Sugabelly
7. Doug

That's it. Enjoy.

30 more steps:

Freddie said...

Interesting write-up. Could easily assume your personality and character and wouldn't be far from the truth... I guess :-). Nice to see Nigerian doing so well...Keep representing.
http://soulsearchpoetry.blogspot.com

Enigma said...

Hmmmmm.....hmmmmmm (one more time)....hmmmmmmm (again).....okay, I like your blog too. Why? You are real. As in, really real. Hope you are the same in flesh and blood. That would be just mindbogglingly refreshing!

Kafo said...

at #1 i do the same thing

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Good List, I stay up reading to babygurl.

The Activist said...

Aw, thanks for the award. Now I have to think of 10 other honest things about me that I have not mentioned on blogsville to talk about.

I feel you about wanting to solve all the problems of the world... at least you will keep lending a helping hand to as many as you can. That's so important.

Lol at still your father's drink. Did he ever catch you?

Anonymous said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! Gosh I am so UBER HAPPY. REALLY. Are u just pulling my legs. MEn this is DA best day EVER! I love you Le poet. Omo, you my darling are a natural alcoholic (LMAO). Le poet has two brothers, Temite is single...uhmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

nice and quite a fun fill read.like the kind of person you described and no offence hope is who you are not who you want to....,10 honest things, well one thing for sure one can say 20 about STANDY from reading her blog.i will be back.

doug said...

I finally got the darned thing. Sheeesh! Was wondering when it'd come round.lol.

Well obviously you deserve it.

O'Dee said...

I have heard so much about the soup you thicken with yam paste. I have to taste it sometime.

poeticallytinted said...

@Freddie: thanks for stopping by. thanx again for the nice words.
@Enigma: As real as they come sir! My fake is a bit too fake actually ridiculous so i don't bother. lol. shey you get.
@Kafo: you do? In fact i put up this update with bleary eyes, was reading one old book called "Tara Road" all night. We are pathetic
@TBMTS: wow. I like the way you say 'babygurl' ;) ;)
@Standy: this will be interesting. My father never caught us, my elder brother introduced me to this art. The man used to have a puzzled look on his face when he realises the drink went away quicker than he thought he was drinking.
@ Temite: My babe. Love you loads too. We can talk about my three brothers, all blokes, unmarried... single tempting no pimples... :D
@blazing: I lurve your name. All me sweetie. If i had written about who I want to be... omo...
@Doug: Silly person. thanks sweets.
@ O'dee: Kai, will send you an e-pot. I am making the soup this weekend... open invitation. you can email me for further info. I mean it.

BSNC said...

well written... lol @ stealing bear when my dad used to watch NTA.

Original Mgbeke said...

I sooo feel you on the first one. Damn the bags under my eyes, I must finish the book o!
I can also hold down my alcy well. I actually gave up drinking for lent...woooosah.
And I do heart witty guys too. :D

Robyn.K.Y said...

uummm Wifey (i wish,,,,lol)
anyways accepted
love you too Hun.

Olufunke said...

You hide behind the big sofa to steal ( opps sorry, drink ) beer?
naughty-naughty 'good' little girl.

Interesting list!
I love witty people too, and I am quiet when I am very angry or hurt instead of yelling.
Make sure you work on the publishing those poems.

Enkay said...

Just get me a good book any day and I can murder sleep for as long as it takes me to finish it!!!

Wow 200 poems! That's enough for 4 books already! I have a colleague who doesn't have that many (I think) and he's published a book.

I really think you should start working on this seriously. Really! lol!

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Thanks for the award. am awfully lazy though and have always evaded tags (never followed them through) but will defintely try and do this one.

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

in my excitement forgot to add thanks for showing my blog some love. Im exactly like you when it comes to 'being unable to put a novel down' I have slept way past midnight just trying to finish a book

Buttercup said...

#1 is soooo me!

U've made my mouth water now!

LOL @ #3

ONE UNITED!!! Terrible, terrible weekend! At least we r still on top..

Wow @ #9!

Aww @ #10!


Another blogger i've fallen in like with! :D

mingus said...

I still can't get my head round the beer matter! :)

Flourishing Florida said...

u share ur love 4 man.u with a friend of mine. she just razes about it.

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!

Just doing some rounds because I've fooled myself into thinking I have the time... Lol! Congrats on your award!

Txx

Mr. Writer said...

nice....i'm going to guess...you're a capricorn//

Afronuts said...

LOL...

YIf I was looking for a mami, I would have pursued ur resourceful ass..lol

a woman that reads, writes poetry and can cook?

what a plus..

poeticallytinted said...

@brownskinnaijachic: Thanks for droping by dear. You best believe it.lol
@Original mgbeke:oh witty guys...
@Robyn: Husband, what have you been up to? making goo goo eyes at K?
@MDM: anytime lurv. you are welcome.
@bookaholic: your id eloquently tells me we are two of a kind. off to yours!
@ Olufunke: blushing...
@Enkay: I can tell. I read a post at yours once on the subject.
@thanks buttercup, thanks, thank you for dropping by. To long e-friendships (raising glass)
@Stanis: well... if it's any consolation I don't drink lager now, just brandy, and rum, and whisky and...
@Therapy: thanks for stopping here. please come again
@FFF: wetin man go do now?
@earl: buzzzz! wrong, Libra it is. I don't believe in star signs though...
@Afronuts: You are not looking?! oya comot my blog! LOL. Seriously, i sense a compliment in there somewhere, thanks jare.
@

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I often lose sleep because of good books as well...sometimes I just stay up because I feel I have to finish the book even if I hate it...like "The God of Small Things"...lol
Dang 200 poems?
I need to get to work!!!!lol

Sugabelly said...

Yay! Aww, THANK YOU!!!!! Will do my post in short order

Chomy said...

completly unrelated...but i have to mention that I LOVE your blog. !!! blogrolled!

princesa said...

Congrats on the award love, you deserve it!

Come o...with those answers, are you me?
Three brothers...
Not talking when i'm mega pissed...

You definitely are me!!!

Kookie said...

when did this go up?

ah anyway better late than never.

Number 1, 4, 6, 8, 10 are so me

Man U...its ok we have the 2 week break to recover

Turumarth said...

Hmm...

Yeah, I knew that. Number 10 tho'... somebody pass the girl the smellin' salts, she need to wake up! ;)

PS (actually, psst!): you ain't gonna believe this one Fangface...
http://catharsis-turumarth.blogspot.com/

 
Subscribe with Bloglines